Covenant Church is a non-denominational Christian church that was founded in 1976 in Dallas, Texas. The church is committed to creating an environment where everyone feels welcome and loved, and where people can grow in their faith and understanding of God’s love and grace. Despite being non-denominational, the church emphasizes the core beliefs and values of the Christian faith.
Core Beliefs of Covenant Church
Covenant Church believes in the following core beliefs:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and the final authority for Christian faith and life.
- Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation and eternal life.
- Salvation is a free gift of grace that cannot be earned or deserved.
- The Holy Spirit is active in the world today and empowers believers to live a life that glorifies God.
- The church is the body of Christ and is called to share the love and message of Jesus with the world.
These core beliefs guide the ministry and programs of Covenant Church, and reflect the teachings of the Bible.
Worship Services and Programs
Covenant Church offers a variety of worship services and programs to help people connect with God and grow in their faith. Some of the programs offered include:
- Sunday Services – The church offers multiple services on Sundays, each with a different style of worship to accommodate different preferences.
- Small Groups – The church encourages members to join small groups to connect with others and grow in their faith.
- Youth Ministry – Covenant Church has a vibrant youth ministry that helps young people connect with God and build meaningful relationships with others.
- Missions – The church is committed to reaching out to the community and the world through mission work and outreach programs.
These programs are designed to help people of all ages and backgrounds connect with God and grow in their faith.
Throughout its ministry, Covenant Church places a strong emphasis on the Bible as the inspired Word of God and the final authority for Christian faith and life. The church believes that the Bible is the foundation of Christian belief and practice, and that it provides guidance and direction for every aspect of life.
Some of the Bible references that Covenant Church emphasizes include:
- John 14:6: “Jesus answered, ‘I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'”
- Romans 10:9: “If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”
- Ephesians 2:8-9: “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.”
- Matthew 28:19-20: “Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”
These Bible references reflect the core beliefs and values of Covenant Church and guide the church’s ministry and programs.
Covenant Church is a non-denominational Christian church that emphasizes the core beliefs and values of the Christian faith. The church is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming community where everyone feels loved and accepted, and where people can grow in their faith and understanding of God’s love and grace.
If you are looking for a Christian community where you can connect with others and grow in your faith, Covenant Church may be the place for you. The church offers a variety of worship services and programs for people of all ages and backgrounds, and places a strong emphasis on the Bible as the foundation of Christian belief and practice.
Overall, Covenant Church is a vibrant and growing Christian community that is committed to sharing the love and message of Jesus with the world. Whether you are a long-time Christian or are just beginning to explore your faith, Covenant Church offers a welcoming and supportive environment where you can connect with God and others and grow in your understanding of the Christian faith.